Juice Cleanse Guide
As you are preparing for your juice cleanse or what we like to call a juice “feast”, we recommend pre-cleansing to help you get the most out of your experience! Taking time to get centered, focused and by following these suggestions, you will find that your detoxification symptoms may not be as severe and may set you up for a more effective cleanse overall. Be sure to always consult with your primary health provider if you are dealing with chronic disease, are on medications or generally question the safety of doing one.
24-48 hours before you launch your juice feast, eliminate:
- Processed, “fake” sugar
- Dairy - milk, cheese, yogurt (you can find an alternative dairy like almond milk, cashew milk, etc…)
- Coffee (find an alternative like green tea, yerba mate’, etc…)
You can eliminate these all at once, or you can do a few at a time. Feel free to slowly reintroduce them once you’ve finished your cleanse.
24-48 hours before you launch your juice feast, increase:
- Pure, filtered + mineral water
- Plant-based foods
- Long, deep breaths
A juice cleanse program can be a great way to hit the reset button on your health and nourish your body with readily available nutrients from fresh fruits and veggies! Some potential health benefits of a 24-hour cleanse include an immunity boost, being anti-inflammatory and more mild detox symptoms than a multi-day cleanse. A one day cleanse is recommended 2-4 times per month for best results to dive a bit deeper or once per month as part of your preventative health routine. You can also do 3,5,7 and 10 day juice cleanse durations if you’re wanting to experience more in-depth detoxification and potential healing benefits.
Recommended Radiant Mama Juices for a Cleanse:
- Green Lemonade - green apple, cucumber, aquaponic lettuce, kale, ginger, lemon
- Extrava-Greenza - broccoli, green & red apple, kale, spinach, ginger, lemon, lime, cucumber, celery, parsley, cilantro
- Jolly Green Giant - celery, cucumber, green apple, lemon
- Sippin’ On Sunshine - pineapple, golden beet, pear, ginger, lemon
- The Beet Goes On - red beet, carrot, red apple, ginger, lemon, ceylon cinnamon
- Carrot Apple Tango - carrot, red apple, golden beet, ginger, turmeric, lemon, ceylon cinnamon
- Pineapple Green Paradise - pineapple, green apple, spinach, mint,
- Pure Celery Juice - 100% organic celery juice
- Charcoal Apple Lemonade - filtered water, activated charcoal, pink himalayan sea salt, agave nectar, lemon juice, cayenne
- Plant Mylk - variety of flavors. Our fresh, organic plant mylks are a great source of healthy fats and are idea before bedtime during a cleanse. Adding nut and seed milk to your cleanse program can help you feel fuller, longer.
Recommended daily juice consumption schedule:
- Each day you are given 7 juices to drink, based on a 12 hour waking period - we suggest drinking a juice every 2 hours or so.
- You can choose what order to drink them in, however, if you engage in physical activity or you can tell your blood sugar is low, we suggest reaching for the higher natural sugar content juices in the cleanse - The Beet Goes On, Sippin’ On Sunshine, , Carrot Apple Tango, Pineapple Green Paradise
- We recommend keeping a daily journal or log where you can keep track of what time you drank your juices, in what order and how you are feeling so you can look back and reflect and strategize for the next day.
A few tips to help you be successful:
- Allow yourself the day to rest and relax, don’t plan your cleanse on a day where you have a full to-do list.
- Have fresh, raw organic fruits and vegetables ready to go to help you in the days before and after your cleanse.
- Get outside and soak up the sunshine!
- Drink fresh, herbal teas like our Elderberry Herbal Tea to boost immunity, promote natural energy and provide some stress relief.
- Take a bath using one of our therapeutic mineral salt baths.
- Use a heating pad if you experience sore or achy areas, and you can also have a jar of our CBD-infused Muscle, Joint, Ligament Pain Relief Balm on hand to help out.
- Use a dry skin brush to help stimulate lymphatic flow and promote healthy blood flow.
- Chew your juice - this can help promote better digestion.
- Participate in exercise that gets you sweating - try yoga, a quick gym session, or even an infrared sauna can do the trick to help you sweat out those toxins.
- Get a relaxing, deep tissue massage to help with the stress and speed up detoxification.
- Consider doing an enema once or twice on the day of your cleanse to help remove residual toxins from your intestinal tract and colon.
Possible detox symptoms you may experience*:
- Headache, fatigue, hunger, moodiness, intense emotions like anger or sadness, muscular weakness, anxiety, body odor, insomnia, frequent elimination, flu-like symptoms
We suggest keeping a daily journal of how you feel each day on your cleanse program so that you can reflect on how each day is going and note positive progress.
*If you are experiencing detox symptoms, don’t forget to be gentle with your body and drink some mineral water, grab a snack (list below) and relax - this too shall pass!
Ideal snacks during a cleanse:
- Avocado sprinkled with pink himalayan sea salt
- Vegetable broth
- Raw Nuts + Seeds
Choose one snack at a time, try not to mix foods when you do reach for a snack.